Street Closures Expected for Weekend Events
[UPDATED: The USC shuttle to LA Live will stop service after this Saturday. Faculty, staff and students will now be able to take the Expo Line to LA Live! You can test the Expo Line for free this weekend.]
Students and local community members may want to change their driving route this upcoming weekend.
While there will be streets closures to celebrate the grand opening of the Exposition Metro Rail line on Friday and Saturday, the March of Dimes for Babies walk which will also be taking place on Saturday.
Acting Executive Director Monica Riebli of the Los Angeles division of March of Dimes is looking forward to a great turnout.
"We are thrilled to see more than 12,000 people come out to support the health of babies in Los Angeles County. The work that March of Dimes does is so critical to every baby born," she said.
- Exposition Boulevard will be closed from Vermont Avenue to Figueroa Street from 10:00am to around 4:00pm.
- Entry and exit to and from USC's Watt Way will be allowed from Exposition Boulevard and Vermont Avenue according to the Department of Transportation officials.
- Transportation Services recommends that traffic on the west side campus enter campus via Gate 6, located on Vermont Avenue and 36th Place and/or Gate 5, located on Jefferson Boulevard and McClintock Avenue.
- For parking on the east side of campus, please use Gate 3, located on Figueroa Street and McCarthy Way and the old Gate 2, located on Figueroa Street just before Exposition Boulevard for access to Child's Way.
- UPDATE: The Exposition Freeway off-ramp will be closed from the 110 (Southbound)
- Exposition Boulevard will be closed from Vermont Avenue to Figueroa Street from 7:00am to around 8:00pm.
- Figueroa Street from 39th Street north to Adams Boulevard.
- Adams Boulevard west to Hoover Street.
- Figueroa Street south to 39th Street.
- UPDATE: The closures of Pardee Way and Exposition Boulevard on Sunday have been cancelled.
View Street Closures in a larger map