Whole Foods Market Recalls Peanut Butter Products
The recall only affects peanut butter cookies sold at Whole Foods Market before Sept. 29 in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Whole Foods Market is alerting customers of the recall by posting signs in their stores.
The recall comes after Sunland, Inc. also voluntarily recalled its nut butters because of a salmonella scare.
Those affected with salmonella have flu-like symptoms including fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain; these symptoms can be lethal for children and the elderly.
Earlier this week, Fresh & Easy recalled their Sunland Nut Butter products including Sunland Salt Free Peanut Butter, fresy&easy Creamy Almond Butter, and fresh&easy Deli Box Protein Power Lunch.
The full lists of recalled products from Fresh & Easy and Whole Foods Market can be seen below.
Whole Foods Market
- 3oz Peanut Butter Cookie, PLU 47963
- 3oz Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk, PLU 47963
- Mini Peanut Butter Cookie 12pk, PLU 22096100000
Fresh & Easy
- 16 oz Sunland Creamy Peanut Butter Salt Free
- 16 oz Sunland Tahini
- 16 oz fresh&easy Crunchy Almond Butter
- 16 oz fresh&easy Creamy Almond Butter
- 16 oz fresh&easy Organiz Crunchy Peanut Butter with Sea Salt
- 16 oz fresh&easy Organic Creamy Peanut Butter with Sea Salt
- 18 oz fresh&easy Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 18 oz fresh&easy Creamy Peanut Butter
- 40 oz fresh&easy Creamy Peanut Butter
- fresh&easy Organic Creamy Peanut Butter with Sea Salt
- fresh&easy Creamy Cashew Butter