Explosion And Gas Leak At Ronald Tutor Hall
DPS and L.A. Fire Department officials are responding to a small explosion in the basement of Ronald Tutor Hall.
No one was injured and the blast did not cause any structural damage to the building, but firefighters are on the scene to stop a gas leak. The building has been evacuated.
An LAFD representative said the explosion was caused by a student mixing chemicals.
DPS sent out an urgent Trojansalert asking students to avoid the area.
LAFD and DPS officials held a press conference at 9 p.m. at Downey and McClintock.